Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr. joined South Carolina ETV's Beryl Dakers in Beaufort, South Carolina to discuss his latest project, Reconstruction: America After the Civil War.
RECONSTRUCTION: AMERICA AFTER THE CIVIL WAR is a production of McGee Media, Inkwell Films and WETA Washington, DC.
- 4.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the contributions different groups made to impact the economic, political, and social developments during Reconstruction of the United States and South Carolina in the period of 1860 1880.
- 4.5.CC Identify and evaluate the impact of economic, political, and social events on the African American experience throughout Reconstruction.
- 4.5.CE Analyze the impact of federal legislation on the South during Reconstruction.
- 4.5.CO Compare the roles of various groups on Reconstruction.
- 4.5.E Analyze multiple perspectives of the economic, political, and social effects of Reconstruction on different populations in the South and in other regions of the U.S.
- 4.5.P Summarize Reconstruction as a turning point in American history.
- 8.3 Demonstrate an understanding of conflict and compromise in South Carolina, the Southern region, and the United States as a result of sectionalism between the period 18161865.
- USHC.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between economic and continental expansion and the evolving disagreements over natural rights and federalism from 18031877.