February 3, 1870:
15th Amendment passed, granting right to vote to African Americans.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into founding principles as viewed through this period of federal government involvement, the development and realignment of a new labor system not based on a system of slavery, and the significant political realignment of the South.
- 5-1 The student will demonstrate an understanding of Reconstruction and its impact on the United States.
- Reconstruction was a period of great hope, incredible change, and efforts at rebuilding. To understand Reconstruction and race relations in the United States, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into the changes that served as a catalyst for Reconstruction. The indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how these actions affected the economic, political, and social conditions in the South.
- USHC.2.CX Contextualize the perspectives on the role of the federal government in securing natural rights during the period 1830–1877.
3 de febrero del 1870:
Se paso la 15a Enmienda, que otorga el derecho del voto a los Afroamericanos.