Students will engage in a debate over whether the United States should enter the Space Race using rhetoric and historical information.
Should the US enter the Space Race?
- 5-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the social, economic and political events that influenced the United States during the Cold War era.
- 5-5.0 The postWorld War II period was dominated by a power conflict that pitted former allies against each other over economic and political differences. This Cold War affected all aspects of American life at home and abroad. To understand the impact o...
- MWH-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the influence of ideas and technology on the development of nation-states and empires in the sixteenth through the nineteenth centuries.
- MWH-5.0 New ideas and technological developments during this period led to changes in how people viewed the world and how people, in turn, changed their social, economic, and political circumstances. To understand how ideas and technology led to the de...
- RI Reading Informational Text
- RI Reading - Informational Text
- RI.LCS Language, Craft, and Structure
Lesson Created By: SharlaBrown, Cameron Cook