Thirty three days after the death of President Roosevelt, Germany surrenders. The allies celebrate their victory over the Nazis. In 1945, after the two atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Japanese surrender marks the end of World War II. After the war, veterans return home and adjust to civilian life.
Treinta y tres días después de la muerte del presidente Roosevelt, Alemania se rinde. Los aliados celebran su victoria sobre los nazis. En 1945, después del lanzamiento de las dos bombas atómicas sobre Hiroshima y Nagasaki, la rendición japonesa marca el final de la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Después de la guerra, los veteranos regresan a casa y se adaptan a la vida civil.
- Along with the rest of the world, the United States and South Carolina experienced economic instability during this period. As a result, political instability and worldwide conflict consumed the world in the 1940s. Following World War II, the United States emerged as a world leader through political policies and economic growth.
- 5.3.CE Analyze the cause and effect of government-sponsored policies within the United States and Europe related to the status of different groups, to include the Holocaust.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into the ideologies and policies that led to WWII, with a particular focus on the rise of dictators throughout Europe and Asia.
- This indicator was designed to promote inquiry into military and economic policies during World War II, to include the significance of military bases in South Carolina. This indicator was also developed to foster inquiry into postwar economic developments and demographic changes, to include the immigration of Jewish refugees following the Holocaust.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how different party platforms evolved following World War II. This indicator promotes inquiry into how the major parties came to represent different approaches to fiscal and political governance as well as social and judicial policies.