Mahkia Green, a Columbia based filmmaker shows parallels between the protesters of the past, with those fighting for social justice today in her film, "Rise Up."
- 5-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the social, economic and political events that influenced the United States during the Cold War era.
- The post–World War II period was dominated by a power conflict that pitted former allies against each other over economic and political differences. This Cold War affected all aspects of American life at home and abroad. To understand the impact...
- 8-7 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the impact on South Carolina of significant events of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
- Changes that took place in the United States during the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries revitalized the economy and challenged traditional society and politics in South Carolina. To understand the response of South Carolina to these ch...
- USG-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of civil rights and civil liberties, the role of American citizens in the American political system, and distinctive expressions of American political culture.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how the lifestyles of those living in capitalist countries differed from those living in communist countries. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the rights of citizens differed in capitalist and communist countries.
- USG-1 The student will demonstrate an understanding of foundational political theory, concepts, and application.
- To appreciate the governmental system of the United States, citizens must understand the nature and purpose of government in general. An understanding of basic political ideas allows nations to organize and structure the institutions of government in ...