Noted South Carolina historian Dr. Walter Edgar discusses the key issues in SC History.
South Carolina Today is discussed:
- Changed Politically, Socially, and Educationally
- Economic Development - Spartanburg, Charleston
- Demographic Diversity - population shift to non-South Carolina born residents
- Economic Changes - Growth in Tourism, Textile Mill closings
- 5.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the contemporary global economic, social, and political roles of the United States and South Carolina from 1980present.
- 8.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of world events on South Carolina and the United States from 1929 to present.