Understanding the challenges of farming in Mullins today.
Health Risks of Tobacco
Almost a half-million Americans die of smoking-related illnesses every year, making smoking the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. Most smokers begin before the age of 18 and more than 3,000 teenagers begin smoking every day. Many teens think it's easy to quit smoking, but only 10% who try to quit actually succeed. About half of of all regular smokers will eventually die from a disease related to their addiction. Smoking affects all the systems of the body. It can cause chronic bronchitis and emphysema, heart disease, stroke, blindness, acid reflux, osteoporosis and cancer of the lung, bladder, pancreas, larynx and colon. For more information, visit Truth: Take Action.
- 8.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of world events on South Carolina and the United States from 1929 to present.
- EPF.3 Demonstrate an understanding of basic microeconomic principles.
- EPF.3.CC Illustrate market equilibrium and the impact of shifts in supply and demand, different elasticities, and price controls on market output and price.
- EPF.3.ER Apply the laws of supply and demand to determine how changes in market conditions affect prices.
- EPF.3.IP Research and evaluate geopolitical influences on employment trends and issues at the state and national level.
- EPF.4 Demonstrate an understanding of basic macroeconomic principles.