Understanding the challenges of farming in Mullins today.
Health Risks of Tobacco
Almost a half-million Americans die of smoking-related illnesses every year, making smoking the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. Most smokers begin before the age of 18 and more than 3,000 teenagers begin smoking every day. Many teens think it's easy to quit smoking, but only 10% who try to quit actually succeed. About half of of all regular smokers will eventually die from a disease related to their addiction. Smoking affects all the systems of the body. It can cause chronic bronchitis and emphysema, heart disease, stroke, blindness, acid reflux, osteoporosis and cancer of the lung, bladder, pancreas, larynx and colon. For more information, visit Truth: Take Action.
- This indicator was designed to promote inquiry into military and economic policies during World War II, to include the significance of military bases in South Carolina. This indicator was also developed to foster inquiry into postwar economic developments and demographic changes, to include the immigration of Jewish refugees following the Holocaust.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into the development of markets through the interaction of supply and demand, and how prices emerge to act as signals concerning the allocation of resources.
- EPF.3.CC Illustrate market equilibrium and the impact of shifts in supply and demand, different elasticities, and price controls on market output and price.
- EPF.3.ER Apply the laws of supply and demand to determine how changes in market conditions affect prices.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into state and national trends and issues in the job market. This indicator also prompts inquiry into how international trade, geography, government policies, collective bargaining, labor market condit...
- This indicator was designed to encourage inquiry into how individuals, businesses, the government, and the foreign sector interact and how economic indicators, such as Gross Domestic Product, unemployment and inflation data, are used to measure the health of an economy.