Brief history of the CSS Hunley submarine. The Hunley became the first submarine to sink a federal warship, the U.S.S Housatonic.
- 3-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of life in the antebellum period, the causes and effects of the Civil War, and the impact of Reconstruction in South Carolina.
- 3-4.0 South Carolina played a key role in events that occurred before, during, and after the Civil War; and those events, in turn, greatly affected the state. To understand South Carolinas experiences during this tumultuous time, the student will utili...
- 4.4 Demonstrate an understanding of economic, political, and social divisions during the United States Civil War, including the role of South Carolina between 18501870.
- 8-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the multiple events that led to the Civil War.
- 8-4.0 The outbreak of the Civil War was the culminating event in a decades-long series of regional issues that threatened American unity and South Carolinas identity as one of the United States. To understand how South Carolina came to be at the center...
- 8.3 Demonstrate an understanding of conflict and compromise in South Carolina, the Southern region, and the United States as a result of sectionalism between the period 18161865.