Dr. Benjamin E. Mays' childhood home is the focal point of the Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Historical Preservation Site, a destination for individuals and groups interested in learning about the life of one of the nation’s most influential Civil Rights leaders and the African American experience in South Carolina.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how wartime government activities, the Progressive Movement, and the New Deal represented an expansion of federal power, including attempts to protect citizens.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how the lifestyles of those living in capitalist countries differed from those living in communist countries. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the rights of citizens differed in capitalist and communist countries.
- 5.4.CE Analyze the causes and impacts of social movements in the U.S. and South Carolina.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how race relations in the U.S. changed due to the ruling of Brown v. Board of Education. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the efforts of civil rights groups and leaders h...
- This indicator was designed to promote inquiry into military and economic policies during World War II, to include the significance of military bases in South Carolina. This indicator was also developed to foster inquiry into postwar economic developments and demographic changes, to include the immigration of Jewish refugees following the Holocaust.