Dr. Benjamin E. Mays' childhood home is the focal point of the Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Historical Preservation Site, a destination for individuals and groups interested in learning about the life of one of the nation’s most influential Civil Rights leaders and the African American experience in South Carolina.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how wartime government activities, the Progressive Movement, and the New Deal represented an expansion of federal power, including attempts to protect citizens.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how the lifestyles of those living in capitalist countries differed from those living in communist countries. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the rights of citizens differed in capitalist and communist countries.
- 5.4.CE Analyze the causes and impacts of social movements in the U.S. and South Carolina.
- This indicator was developed to promote inquiry into how race relations in the U.S. changed due to the ruling of Brown v. Board of Education. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into how the efforts of civil rights groups and leaders h...
- This indicator was designed to foster inquiry into the role of South Carolina in the Modern Civil Rights Movement, to include the influence of court cases such as Briggs v. Elliot and Flemming v. South Carolina Electric and Gas. This indicator was also developed to promote inquiry into the relationship between national leadership, protests, and events and South Carolina leadership, protests and events, such as the Friendship Nine and the Orangeburg Massacre.