The American Graduate Youth Media & Health Institute taught video production and journalism to a group of 25 high school students from the Columbia area, who created short documentaries on the health benefits of eating farm-fresh produce and livestock. By focusing on sustainable food production and nutrition, the Youth Media & Health Institute led students to make the connection between a healthy lifestyle and their own educations.
- N-6.1.4 Differentiate between unhealthy and healthy foods, snacks, and beverages.
- N-6.3.1 Access valid information on healthy eating and physical activity.
- N-7.1.6 Analyze the relationship between healthy foods and beverages, calories, and physical activity.
- N-7.1.7 Explain safe food handling and preparation.
- N-8.1.1 Examine the benefits of choosing healthy foods while following the current federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- N-HS.2.2 Examine ways that the media, and advertising and marketing practices affect food choices, eating behaviors, and physical activity levels of individuals.
- N-HS.2.3 Debate the influence of school policies on food choices, eating behaviors and physical activities.