VideoThe roles South Carolinians played in the Women’s Suffrage Movement have often gone unheralded. This program highlights the efforts of famous South Carolina suffragists, such as the Grimke sisters...
Sisterhood: SC Suffragists-Moving Forward
This program highlights the efforts of famous South Carolina suffragists, such as the Grimke sisters, the Rollin sisters, and the Pollitzers. The contemporary discussion, hosted by Beryl Dakers, analyzes the legacy of the passing of the 19th Amendment. Joining the discussion are:
- Lauren Harper – Affairs Strategist and CEO of Citybright
- Keller Barron – Veteran Activist, and former President and Board Member of the League of Women Voters
- Ann Warner – CEO of WREN (Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network)
- Tamika Isaac Devine – Attorney, and Columbia City Council-Woman
- Dr. Lilly Filler: OB/GYN, Chair of the S.C. Holocaust Commission, and President of the Jewish Historical Society of South Carolina.
VideoThe panel discusses various issues women face today, such as why it is important for women to be on the ballot, and women’s representation in our government.
VideoHost Beryl Dakers asks the panel why it took so long for women to gain equal rights in both the U.S., and in the state of South Carolina.
VideoThe panel discusses the issues women face when it comes to voter suppression.
VideoHost Beryl Dakers asks the panel to address the “Elephant in the Room”, which is the issue of race and voting.
VideoEach member of the panel discusses what she feels are the most important issues America faces now, regarding voting rights.