H. L. Hunley Museum
The H.L. Hunley submarine made history during the American Civil War when she became the first submarine to sink an enemy ship in combat. In February 1864, the Hunley, under command of Lieutenant George E. Dixon, sank the U.S.S. Housatonic; a Union blockade vessel. The Hunley's mission was a success, but disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and never returned to port. The Hunley was the third in a series of submarines constructed by engineers Horace Lawson Hunley, Baxter Watson, and James McClintock. Before the Hunley's successful attack on the Housatonic, the Hunley had two accidents, the second of which claimed Horace Hunley's life.
To View VRs on the Matterport App: The 3D experiences were shot with a Matterport Pro 3D Camera. Experience the VRs using the Matterport phone apps with either a Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR.
(1) Download the iOS or Android app to your phone
(2) Use your phone's browser to go to the VR link at H.L. Hunley Museum.
(3) When you click on a link, the Matterport App will open on your phone.
(4) The VRs will need to download to the app prior to viewing.
(5) Look for the visual queues (circles) to navigate through the VR experience.