PhotoThe portrait artist William H. Scarborough (1812-1871), his wife Miranda, and their infant son spent the summer of 1840 in Greenville, when he made this painting of the falls on the Reedy River...
The Old Records Building In Greenville | History Of SC Slide Collection
PhotoThe Old Records Building, designed by architect Robert Mills, served as the Greenville County Courthouse until 1855. It is photographed here in 1918 behind the Barnum and Bailey's Circus Parade...
The Camperdown Textile Mill | History Of SC Slide Collection
PhotoReedy River Falls, site of the Camperdown Textile Mill, Greenville. Courtesy of the Greenville County Historical Society.
Downtown Greenville, 1920's | History Of SC Slide Collection
PhotoThis view of downtown Greenville was taken in the 1920s with the city decorated for the Christmas season. Courtesy of the Greenville County Historical Society.
The Greenville Curbside Market, 1922 | History Of SC Slide Collection
PhotoThe Greenville curbside market, photographed in 1922. Courtesy of the Greenville County Historical Society.