Glenn Springs Hotel, in Spartanburg County. Built 1838, it burned in 1941. This photograph was probably taken about 1900. A train brought vacationers and South Carolinians escaping the heat of the coast to the Glenn Springs Station, then the hotel livery wagons delivered guests and their summer-long baggage to the hotel. A mineral springs was an additional attraction for visitors, and the hotel maintained a bottling house for bottling the water to be sold to guests and stores.
Courtesy of the South Caroliniana Library.