Students will write a journal entry as if they were a soldier in the Revolutionary War. Students should discuss the importance of the soldier’s equipment in relationship to daily life.
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
None required, but computers with a word processing program will help students complete the required final product which is graded for assessment.
- Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride, by Steven Krensky
- “Revolutionary Soldier Equipment Fact Sheet”
- “Excerpts from Joseph Plumb Martin’s Journal”
- “Fictional Account of a Revolutionary War Soldier’s Day” with online video
- Journal Worksheet
- 4-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the conflict between the American colonies and England.
- Revolutions result from resistance to conditions that are perceived as unfair by the people who are demanding change. The changes brought about by revolution can be both positive and negative. To understand the results of the conflict between the Amer...