By examining the role of pharmacists, along with other professions, students will examine how multiplication and division, and finding unknown variables, occur in their lives in practical and applicable ways. Focus will be on solving real-world problems using multiplication (product unknown) and division (group size unknown, number of groups unknown). Students will learn how to illustrate, explain, and show an algorithm for math problems.
How are multiplication and division related to real world skills?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- interactive white board (if not 1:1)
- Internet access to view videos, preferably on a tablet, Chromebook, or laptop for 1:1.
- May be viewed as a whole class.
- 11 x 17 paper (at least one sheet for each pair of students)
- Colored pencils
- Prescription Problem cards (included)
- Index cards or slips of paper (1 for each student)
- Sticky notes (2-3 per group)
- MTV Strategy for teacher (included)
- Quick Write Strategy for teacher (included)