- Students will examine the concept of metamorphosis and how it is related to the butterfly life cycle.
- Students will understand why each stage in the butterfly life cycle is important.
- Students will learn about migration and overwintering in warmer areas, before coming back to home ranges in the spring and summer.
What are the stages of the butterfly life cycle?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Diagram of Butterfly life cycle
- 1.S.1 The student will use the science and engineering practices, including the processes and skills of scientific inquiry, to develop understandings of science content.
- 1.S.1A The practices of science and engineering support the development of science concepts, develop the habits of mind that are necessary for scientific thinking, and allow students to engage in science in ways that are similar to those used by scient...
Lesson Created By: Savannah River Ecology Lab