How does one manage the income he or she earns? Meet Abbie Bowman, one of South Carolina’s young entrepreneurs. Abbie is the owner of her own business: A and E Crafts. Learn how Abbie manages her money while donating a portion of her profits to the Harvest Hope Food Bank.
The Harvest Hope Food Bank works with local businesses to provide food for hungry people.
- 1.S.1 The student will use the science and engineering practices, including the processes and skills of scientific inquiry, to develop understandings of science content.
- 1.S.1A The practices of science and engineering support the development of science concepts, develop the habits of mind that are necessary for scientific thinking, and allow students to engage in science in ways that are similar to those used by scient...
- 2-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the role of goods and services and supply and demand in a community.
- People’s choices affect the types of goods and services that are produced as well as the price of those goods and services. To understand the role that choice plays in the American economy, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set f...
- 1 Literacy Skills for Social Studies
- M-4K-5.1 Shows awareness that money is used to buy things and that coins differ in value.