This program is about Grace and Rachel Martin, two sisters-in-law living alone in the South Carolina back country who waylaid a British Courier with valuable papers by dressing up as colonial men. They risk their lives to stop the flow of information that could have put Patriots, including their own husbands, in harms way. The drama, taped on location with historical costumes and artifacts, takes place in the cabin considered to be the oldest frontier house still standing in our state.
- 3-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolution and South Carolinas role in the development of the new American nation.
- 3-3.0 People establish governments to provide stability and ensure the protection of their rights as citizens. To understand the causes and results of the American Revolution on South Carolina, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set fort...
- 4.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the identity of a new nation, including the state of South Carolina between 17301800.
- 8-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the causes of the American Revolution and the beginnings of the new nation, with an emphasis on South Carolinas role in the development of that nation.
- 8-2.0 The events surrounding the American Revolution transformed British colonists into American citizens. To understand South Carolinas pivotal role in this process, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- 8.2 Demonstrate an understanding of how South Carolinians and Americans created a revolutionary form of government during the period of 1757 1815.