The Phoenix Stone Ware Factory was established ca. 1840 by Collin Rhodes and his partner Robert Mathis. Mathis and Rhodes were the former co-owners of the Pottersville factory when they opened the Phoenix Factory in an attempt to gain access to the markets of Newberry, Union, and Aiken. Two of the most highly skilled turners during this period were employed at the Phoenix Factory: Thomas Chandler and Isaac Durham.
NOTE: Transcripts are not available yet for the audio.
View more: Thomas Chandler