The South Carolina Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (SC ABOTA) presents the Thirteenth Annual James Otis Lecture Series in observance of National Constitution Day. The topic for the 2022 James Otis Lecture is “The Importance of the Constitution.” Broadcast from the State House, the program’s featured speakers are:
- Representative G. Murrell Smith, Jr., Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee for the SC House of Representatives
- Anthony W. Livoti, President-Elect of ABOTA's SC Chapter
- Luther J. Battiste III, ABOTA National Board Representative
- Judge Sherri A. Lydon, U.S. District Court Judge
- Judge D. Garrison Hill, S.C. Court of Appeals
The James Otis Lecture is the American Board of Trial Advocates’ contribution to our state’s education system whereby they hold a program every year around Constitution Day. For federally funded schools, it is a federal mandate to have a program every year on or around Constitution Day, which is officially Sept. 17.