The students will be able to name vegetables and fruits that grow above and below the ground. They will also be able to taste a vegetable that grows above and below to see which they like more and graph their results.
What are some examples of vegetables/fruits that grow above the ground? below the ground?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- 'Tops and Bottoms' by" Janet Stevens
- Above and below item cards
- Pocket chart
- Above and Below Worksheet
- Paper Towels
- Construction Paper
- Carrot and Broccoli Cards to Chart
- K.L.2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of organisms found in the environment and how these organisms depend on the environment to meet those needs.
- K.L.2A The environment consists of many types of organisms including plants, animals, and fungi. Organisms depend on the land, water, and air to live and grow. Plants need water and light to make their own food. Fungi and animals cannot make their own...
Lesson Created By: GeorgiLucas