Wake Up King George! examines the Stamp Act and other various acts of British Parliament following the French and Indian War, addressing the acts and ensuing colonial responses. Wake Up King George! comprises three lessons, taking approximately 3 hours to complete.
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Technology is not required but may aid students in viewing primary sources and documents that aid with the completion of the lesson.
- Parliament Acts and Colonial Responses (Summary Table)
- Stamp Act Excerpts, Playing Card Provison
- All the World Plays the Best of Games
- 4-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the conflict between the American colonies and England.
- Revolutions result from resistance to conditions that are perceived as unfair by the people who are demanding change. The changes brought about by revolution can be both positive and negative. To understand the results of the conflict between the Amer...