This lesson focuses on rememberances of the Vietnam War from individuals who fought in it. It should be used in conjunction with a study of the facts and events that occurred during the Vietnam War. It will enhance and add a personal dimension to the study of the statistics and facts behind the war. It is assumed that students will have an understanding of the basic facts of the war and the reasons it was fought before they begin this lesson.
War is much more than statistics. How do personal remembrances change perceptions about war?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
5, 7, 10, 11
Computers/tablets with internet access.
- 5-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the social, economic and political events that influenced the United States during the Cold War era.
- The post–World War II period was dominated by a power conflict that pitted former allies against each other over economic and political differences. This Cold War affected all aspects of American life at home and abroad. To understand the impact...
- 7-5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of international developments during the Cold War era.
- Events during the Cold War affected the world politically, socially, and economically. To understand the significance of the Cold War, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
- MWH-8 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the causes and consequences of decolonization in the second half of the twentieth century and the beginning of the twenty-first century.
- Newly independent countries sought partners for economic and political alliances as technological developments of the past sixty years made the world more interconnected. To understand the effects of the economic, political, social, and technological ...
- USHC-8 The student will demonstrate an understanding of social, economic and political issues in contemporary America.
- In the recent past, political views in the United States have embraced both conservative and liberal perspectives. To make informed political decisions about contemporary issues, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the follo...
Lesson Created By: Lisa Ray and Lewis Huffman
Lesson Partners: ETV Education