Students will compare the apartheid movement in South Africa to the civil rights movement that took place in the U.S
- What events led up to apartheid?
- What is apartheid? What was its purpose?
- What events led to the civil rights movement in the US?
- How were the black South Africans treated and how does it compare to the treatment of the black Americans prior and during the Civil Rights Movement?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Smart board or presentation
Letters from Nelson Mandela:
Letters from Martin Luther King Jr.:
Civil Rights Video:
- This indicator was designed to encourage inquiry into the primary physical and human characteristics of places within the African continent, such as landforms, water bodies, countries, and cities.
Lesson Created By: JarvaisJackson