Students will investigate possible ways to separate mixtures in order to create/ design the best way to separate a mixture.
How do we separate mixtures?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Computers/ chrome books
- 5.P.2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the physical properties of matter and mixtures.
- 5.P.2B A mixture is formed when two or more kinds of matter are put together. Sometimes when two or more different substances are mixed together, a new substance with different properties may be formed but the total amount (mass) of the substances is c...
- 5.P.2B.6 Design and test the appropriate method(s) (such as filtration, sifting, attraction to magnets, evaporation, chromatography, or floatation) for separating various mixtures.
- Grade 3: Speak clearly at an understandable pace, adapting speech to a variety of contexts and tasks; use standard English when indicated or appropriate.
- C.LCS Language, Craft, and Structure
- C.MC Meaning and Context
Lesson Created By: MalloryTurner