The students will be able to recognize the importance of community helpers like firefighters. They will be able to demonstrate what to do during fire-related emergencies and will be able to explain the steps of fire prevention.
Why should we recognize the importance of community helpers such as firefighters?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- Stop, Drop, and Roll by Margery Cuyler (Cuyler, M., & Howard, A. (2004). Stop drop and roll. New York: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers.)
- White Board
- Easel paper hung on the white board with the message of the day written on it.
- Paper/ Journals distributed on students’ desks by assistant during the lesson.
- K-2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of rules and the role of authority figures in a childs life.
- K-2.0 Rules and authority figures provide order, security, and safety in the home, school, and larger community. To participate effectively in civic life by acting responsibly with the interest of the larger community in mind, the student will utilize...
Lesson Created By: GeorgiLucas