A lesson to teach students about the various pollinators we have along with the products we use that come from pollinated plants.
- Students will examine various products that came from plants that were insect-pollinated.
- Students will describe the benefits from and human dependence on insects as pollinators.
Who are our pollinators? What products to pollinators help provide?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- A whiteboard and markers or a large notepad to write down ideas on.
- Create bingo cards with food/ products made from insect-pollinated plants. Examples: Chocolate, tea, blueberries, apples, bananas, cherries, cashews, apricots, tomatoes, vanilla, watermelon, lemon, pumpkin, raspberry, soybeans, peaches, sunflower, strawberries, figs, grapes, coffee, coconut, avocado, alfalfa grass, mango, cotton (socks, pants, shirts), cucumber, cranberries, beans, almonds, honey.
- Make bingo card coverslips, cardstock cutouts should work great
Lesson Created By: PacificoPerea