Students will use non-fiction books to identify and explain how text features help them as individual readers.
How can I use text features to help me as a reader?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Laptop for each student.
- Grade 1: Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds including consonant blends in spoken words.
- RI.RC Range and Complexity
- Grade 2: Use a base word to determine the meaning of an unknown word with the same base.
- RI.LCS.8 Interpret and analyze the author’s use of words, phrases, text features, conventions, and structures, and how their relationships shape meaning and tone in print and multimedia texts.
- RI.LCS.11 Analyze and critique how the author uses structures in print and multimedia texts to craft informational and argument writing.
Lesson Created By: MalloryTurner