For this project-based lesson, students will learn the parts of a pumpkin, create their own measurement tools and measure the height of pumpkins, and plant their own pumpkin seeds to learn the life cycle of a plant (pumpkin plant).
1. How can we create our own rulers to measure pumpkins?
2. What do plants need to grow?
- 1.L.5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how the structures of plants help them survive and grow in their environments.
- 1.L.5A Plants have specific structures that help them survive, grow, and produce more plants. Plants have predictable characteristics at different stages of development.
- 1.MDA Measurement and Data Analysis
Lesson Created By: LauraWhitener