Students will create tableaus and original dialogue to demonstrate an understanding of the social classes of the Antebellum time period.
How can tableaus be used as an acting tool for various characters/people?
What was life like in South Carolina during the antebellum period?
What were the different classes of people in South Carolina and what were their lives like during the antebellum period?
What impact did the cotton gin have on slavery in the South?
What role did slavery play in South Carolina’s secession from the Union?
Why were many South Carolinians fearful of abolitionists?
Why did South Carolinians have such a strong belief in states’ rights?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- Interactive Projector Board (SMART Board)
- Various photos of the Antebellum period showing multiple classes of people.
- Sticky notes
- T.P Performing/Producing/Presenting - I can produce new artistic ideas and work from a variety of materials, techniques, and processes.
- 3-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of life in the antebellum period, the causes and effects of the Civil War, and the impact of Reconstruction in South Carolina.
- South Carolina played a key role in events that occurred before, during, and after the Civil War; and those events, in turn, greatly affected the state. To understand South Carolina’s experiences during this tumultuous time, the student will uti...
Lesson Created By: ChristianSturgis-Edwards
Lesson Partners: ABC (Arts in Basic Curriculum)