The students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of organisms found in the environment and how they depend on the environment to meet their needs. Students will be able to identify different types if ants, and explain what the different ants' jobs are. The students will be able to describe how ants work together in their community, and discuss some of the foods ants eat. They will also explore how ants use their body parts to function.
What are the different jobs ants partake in, and how do they work together in their community?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- Ant Cities by Arthur Dorros
- White Board
- Easel paper hung on the white board with the message of the day written on it.
- Paper/ Journals distributed on students’ desks
- K.L.2 The student will demonstrate an understanding of organisms found in the environment and how these organisms depend on the environment to meet those needs.
- K.L.2A The environment consists of many types of organisms including plants, animals, and fungi. Organisms depend on the land, water, and air to live and grow. Plants need water and light to make their own food. Fungi and animals cannot make their own...