Students will engage in a project-based learning lesson to discover how beak adaptations affect what birds eat.
Why do birds have different beaks?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- Pipe cleaners or rubber bands
- Macaroni or other types of noodles
- sunflower seeds
- water dropper
- 4.L.5 The student will demonstrate an understanding of how the structural characteristics and traits of plants and animals allow them to survive, grow, and reproduce.
- 4.L.5B Plants and animals have physical characteristics that allow them to receive information from the environment. Structural adaptations within groups of plants and animals allow them to better survive and reproduce.
- Grade 3: Speak clearly at an understandable pace, adapting speech to a variety of contexts and tasks; use standard English when indicated or appropriate.
Lesson Created By: MalloryTurner