- Discover the history behind women’s suffrage
- Develop vocabulary related to civics and citizenship
- Make personal connections to suffrage history
How did Belle Baruch’s desire for gender equality influence her personal choices and have a lasting impact on the community of Hobcaw where she lived?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
Tablets/Computers with internet access
- 8-5 The student will understand the impact of Reconstruction, industrialization, and Progressivism on society and politics in South Carolina in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- During the periods of Reconstruction, industrial expansion, and the Progressive movement, South Carolina searched for ways to revitalize its economy while maintaining its traditional society. To understand South Carolina’s experience as represen...