The students will be solving subtraction story problems and changing the number sentences into addition sentences.
Explain all parts of a number bond, and how to complete each part.
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- Manipulatives (cubes, blocks, bears, counters, etc.)
- Story problems to work with students.
- White boards
- 1.ATO Algebraic Thinking and Operations
- 1.ATO.6 Demonstrate:
- 1.ATO.1 Solve real-world/story problems using addition (as a joining action and as a part-part-whole action) and subtraction (as a separation action, finding parts of the whole, and as a comparison) through 20 with unknowns in all positions.
- 1.ATO.2 Solve real-world/story problems that include three whole number addends whose sum is less than or equal to 20.
Lesson Created By: GeorgiLucas