Pendleton is an upstate town which dates back to the 1790’s. This town was the first town established north of Camden, and includes the modern day Anderson, Pickens, and Oconee Counties. The town became known for its production of cabinetry, carriages, and iron work.
Pendleton’s historic district has more than fifty 18th and 19th century buildings. Some of those still standing today include Hunter’s Store, Farmer’s Hall, the 1860 Guard and Market House, a building built in 1791 by William Steele, and St. Paul’s Episcopal Church.