Adjusting to American schools is challenging for immigrant kids and their parents. They face a language barrier and educational systems that are very different from those in Latin American countries.
- 8-7 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the impact on South Carolina of significant events of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
- 8-7.0 Changes that took place in the United States during the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries revitalized the economy and challenged traditional society and politics in South Carolina. To understand the response of South Carolina to the...
- 8.5 Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of world events on South Carolina and the United States from 1929 to present.
- 8.5.CC Analyze the continuities and changes in South Carolinas identity resulting from the civic participation of different individuals and groups of South Carolinians.
- 8.5.E Utilize a variety of primary and secondary sources to analyze multiple perspectives on the cultural changes in South Carolina and the U.S.