Lower Richland, Part 2 - Wavering Place | Palmetto Places
Wavering Place, originally known as “Magnolia,” is a Greek revival style home, built by David Thomas Hopkins for his widow, in 1854. The property is home to many revered trees and plants. The property was originally a plantation, but today, the home and its outlying buildings serve as a nursery. Botanist Howard Wallace joins to discuss Wavering Place’s purpose: to preserve and propagate South Carolina’s diverse botanical heritage, especially with plants native to the state.