Noted South Carolina historian Dr. Walter Edgar discusses the key issues in SC History.
Dr. Edgar discusses the winds of discontent in SC in three lessons:
- Pre-Revolutionary Conflicts and Issues
- Education and Classes
- Sanitation in the Colonies.
- 3-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolution and South Carolinas role in the development of the new American nation.
- 3-3.0 People establish governments to provide stability and ensure the protection of their rights as citizens. To understand the causes and results of the American Revolution on South Carolina, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set fort...
- 4.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the identity of a new nation, including the state of South Carolina between 17301800.
- 8.2 Demonstrate an understanding of how South Carolinians and Americans created a revolutionary form of government during the period of 1757 1815.
- CE Causation-Analyze multiple causes and effects, to include distinguishing long-term and short-term examples.
- CE Causation-Analyze significant turning points in history to assess multiple long-term and short-term causes and effects.