Noted South Carolina historian Dr. Walter Edgar discusses the key issues in SC History.
South Carolina Enters the 20th Century, Part I is discussed in three lessons:
- Predominately agricultural through 1880’s
- Development of major manufacturing – Textile Mills 1890’s
- Atmosphere of the 20th Century - automobiles, politics, Jim Crow, segregation
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into the significant causes of World War I and the factors leading to U.S. involvement. This indicator was also developed to promote inquiry into the effects of the war, to include its impact on the homefront, migration patterns, and continued foreign policy debates.
- 8.4.CC Analyze continuities and change in the African American experience in the period of Reconstruction and Jim Crow eras within South Carolina.
- This indicator was developed to encourage inquiry into how the former planter class, African Americans, women, and others adjusted to, gained, lost, and/or regained position and status during Reconstruction. This indicator was also written to foster i...
- This indicator was designed to encourage inquiry into South Carolina’s changing agriculture, industry labor force, and political alignments. This indicator was also designed to promote inquiry into the relationship between South Carolina’s...