Noted South Carolina historian Dr. Walter Edgar discusses the key issues in SC History.
The Era of the Populist is discussed in four lessons:
- Election of General Wade Hampton
- Two Separate South Carolinas
- 8.4 Demonstrate an understanding of South Carolinas role in and response to the dynamic economic, political, and social developments in the United States and around the world during the period 18621929.
- USHC.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between economic and continental expansion and the evolving disagreements over natural rights and federalism from 18031877.
- USHC.3 Demonstrate an understanding of how innovation and industrialization impacted demographic change, reform movements, and American identity from 18621924.