Noted South Carolina historian Dr. Walter Edgar discusses the key issues in SC History.
Life and culture in the New States is discussed in four lessons:
- Post Revolutionary War in SC
- South Carolina's Relationship to the United States
- Religious Groups.
- 3-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the American Revolution and South Carolinas role in the development of the new American nation.
- 3-3.0 People establish governments to provide stability and ensure the protection of their rights as citizens. To understand the causes and results of the American Revolution on South Carolina, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set fort...
- 3-4 The student will demonstrate an understanding of life in the antebellum period, the causes and effects of the Civil War, and the impact of Reconstruction in South Carolina.
- 3-4.0 South Carolina played a key role in events that occurred before, during, and after the Civil War; and those events, in turn, greatly affected the state. To understand South Carolinas experiences during this tumultuous time, the student will utili...
- 4.2 Demonstrate an understanding of the identity of a new nation, including the state of South Carolina between 17301800.
- 8.2 Demonstrate an understanding of how South Carolinians and Americans created a revolutionary form of government during the period of 1757 1815.