Meet the ghosts of Palmer Field. During World War II, a large cotton farm outside of town became named Marlboro Aviation School, a training facility for the 55th Army Air Corps. Later it was called Palmer Field where young cadets learned how to fly the PT-17 Stearman biplane. On the afternoon of December 7, 1941, the cadet graduation ceremony was interrupted to announce the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Palmer Field closed October 1944.
Bennettsville, Part 5 - Palmer Field | Palmetto Places (1999)