Beaufort, Part 5 - Sheldon Church Ruins | Palmetto Places

Kaltura

View the ghostly ruins of Prince William's Parish Church, also known as Sheldon Church, twice destroyed by war. This church served as a political and military center during the American Revolutionary War. The first building was destroyed by the British in May 1779. The church was rebuilt in 1826, but burned again during the Civil War by General Sherman's 15th Corps on January 14, 1865.

Grades:

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Subject:

Collection:

Series: