The Fundamentals of Writing for South Carolina ELA Standards:
- Employ a recursive writing process that includes planning, drafting, revising, editing, rewriting, publishing, and reflecting.
- Interact and collaborate with peers and adults to develop and strengthen writing.
- Produce writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, discipline, and audience.
- Use clear and coherent written language to accomplish a purpose such as learning, enjoyment, argument, and the exchange of information.
- Monitor progress throughout the writing process and adjust strategies as needed from independence to collaboration within a writing community.
- Incorporate authors’ craft techniques observed from wide reading of anchor and mentor texts across disciplines to inform, explain, convince/argue, and entertain.