Inquiry Based Literacy
Students learn how to:
- Formulate relevant, self-generated questions based on interests and/or needs that can be investigated.
- Transact with texts to formulate questions, propose explanations, and consider alternative views and multiple perspectives.
- Construct knowledge, applying disciplinary concepts and tools, to build deeper understanding of the world through exploration, collaboration, and analysis.
- Synthesize information to share learning and/or take action.
- Reflect throughout the inquiry process to assess metacognition, broaden understanding, and guide actions, both individually and collaboratively.