The Fundamentals of Communication for South Carolina ELA Standards:
- Employ a reciprocal communication process that includes planning, drafting, revising, editing, reviewing, presenting, and reflecting.
- Communicate using style, language, and nonverbal cues appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Use active and attentive communication skills, building on other’s ideas to explore, learn, enjoy, argue, and exchange information.
- Monitor delivery and reception throughout the communication process and adjust approach and strategies as needed.
- Adjust speech, using standard English when indicated or appropriate, in a variety of contexts and tasks for presenting or participating in the social exchange of ideas.
- Acquire vocabulary from multiple forms of communication; use newly acquired vocabulary to appropriately communicate in a variety of situations and contexts.