The students will be learning basic facts about Abraham Lincoln while also learning new high-frequency words.
Who is Abraham Lincoln?
Other Instructional Materials or Notes:
- Abe Lincoln’s Hat by: Martha Brenner
- A bag full of their craft items (circle for face, tall hat, paper for eyes, nose, and mouth.)
- Paper to write 5 sight words
- Colored pencils
- List of individual sight words for each student
- RI Reading–Informational Text
- K-3 The student will demonstrate an understanding of the values that American democracy represents and upholds.
- The core values of American democracy are reflected in the traditions and history of our country. To make connections among those traditions, history, and values, the student will utilize the knowledge and skills set forth in the following indicators:
Lesson Created By: GeorgiLucas