York County - Clinton Junior College Virtual Tour
PLEASE NOTE: Flash Player is required. This interactive can be best viewed on a desktop computer.
Clinton Junior College, formerly Clinton Institute, served as a boarding high school and provided a quality education to hundreds of newly freed black citizens. Later called the Clinton Normal and Industrial Institute, the school was authorized to certify teachers.
Affiliated with the A.M.E. Zion Church, the institute was founded in 1894 by Revs. Nero Crockett and W.M. Robinson and named for Bishop Isom C. Clinton.
It featured primary and secondary courses as well as a two-year college program. Today Clinton Junior College is focused on providing a quality liberal arts education and retains close ties to the A.M.E. Zion Church.